Europe's largest metropolis on the Mediterranean coast: welcome to Barcelona, business and transportation hub of the Iberian Peninsula, focus for young, creative talent and one of the most attractive study locations in the world.
A crossroads not just of Europe but of cultures and ideas, Barcelona is the perfect training ground for twenty-first century business. It is a city that challenges students to think outside of the box at every turn.
A few reasons to study in Barcelona:
- Ranked first in Europe for quality of life (Cushman & Wakefield)
- Hugely influential in commerce, education, entertainment, media, fashion, science and the arts
- Learn to speak multilingual business: Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the world
- The best in spectator and participation sports events and facilities
- Mediterranean climate and international lifestyle: a global city with a local identity
Barcelona is a fusion of traditional culture and contemporary style: “Europe’s coolest city”
There is a surprise around every corner in Barcelona and although you will find your own favorite places do not forget to visit the:
- Iconic modernist architecture
- 62 theaters and 55 museums and galleries
- 2000 years of dramatic architecture
An International Business Center
Barcelona is Europe's fourth best city for business (Bloomberg). A strong industry combines with a booming service sector to generate an optimistic and progressive commerce mentality. With rich traditions of creative art and craftsmanship, Barcelona is also known for its award-winning industrial design and one of the largest event centers in the world.
Spain is a member of the United Nations, European Union, NATO, OECD, and the WTO. Its economy is the twelfth largest worldwide and the fifth largest in Europe. A leader in green technologies including solar energy and wind farms, Spain aims to put one million electric cars on the road by 2014.
European University and Barcelona will transform your academic experience and inspire your business vision.