EU Business School
Cookies on the EU Website
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience and to show you content related to your preferences. If you continue browsing, we consider that you agree to their use. More information

EU Business School


Barcelona Campus


You will not need a visa if you are:

•     A citizen of the European Union, in possession of a valid European Union identification card or passport.
•     Staying in Spain for three months or less.

If the above criteria do not apply, you will need a visa before arriving in Spain. You must apply at the Spanish Embassy or Consulate General in your home country, as the visa is affixed to your passport before you depart. This must be presented to immigration officials upon your entry into Spain. Within 30 days of arrival, all international students must register as a resident and apply for either the Número de Identidad de Extranjero (NIE) or Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero (TIE).

We highly recommended that you complete all documents necessary for the application process as soon as possible and provide translations of all documents in any language other than Spanish.

You must submit the following documentation:

  1. A passport valid for the total period of stay for which the visa is requested, photocopies and four recent passport-size photos.

  2. 2 letters of acceptance from EU (in English and Spanish).

  3. Medical insurance that covers any medical and repatriation expenses due to an accident or a sudden disease, valid for the entire duration of the stay and in all countries that apply the international agreements of suppression of border controls of which Spain is part.

  4. Proof of sufficient funds for the total period of stay.

  5. Proof of accommodation in Spain during the stay.

  6. A guarantee of return to the country of origin, such as a round-trip ticket with a closed date of return that does not exceed the authorized period of maximum stay In case of a minor, parent/guardian authorization to travel and stay.

  7. Proof that the applicant has no criminal record, i.e. a Certificate of Absence of Police Records (Certificado de Antecedentes Penales).

  8. A medical certificate demonstrating that the applicant is in good physical and mental health.

Additional possible requirements:

  1. Proof of residence in the place of the request, as well as bonds or roots in the country of residence.

  2. Details of the professional and socioeconomic situa-tion of the applicant.

  3. Proof of the fulfilment of the terms of return in the case of previously granted visas.

Within 30 days of arrival, students must present their visa extension application at the local immigration office in order to obtain a NIE/TIE/student residence card.

Working on a student visa in Spain:
Students with a valid student residence permit are allowed to work in Spain part-time.

Back to top
This website is using cookies for statistics, site optimization and retargeting purposes. You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website. Read more here.