Spain’s second most populous city, Barcelona, is situated on its north-eastern Mediterranean coast. Home to over 5 million people, it is also host to one of EU Business School’s three European campuses, offering six Bachelor’s degree options:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts, with specialisations in:
- Sports Management
- Communication & Public Relations
- Leisure & Tourism
- International Relations
- Digital Business, Design & Innovation.
One of the world’s best countries
With Spain recently being voted as the world’s 17th best country in the world in which to live and work, here are five great features that make Barcelona an attractive destination for international students:
- Innovation and Business
Barcelona is an emerging hub for technology, startups, and innovation. It’s also a major business and economic centre in Spain, offering internships and job opportunities for students interested in entrepreneurship and business. Small wonder then that EU Barcelona offers these career enhancing business foundation courses, which can serve as launching pads for post-graduate Masters and Doctoral programmes.
- Diverse Academic Programs
Barcelona offers a wide range of academic programs, including degrees in various fields such as business, technology, arts, and social sciences. Whatever your area of interest, you can likely find a suitable program. 95% of EU Business School students are international, enhancing the cultural diversity of academic engagement, and providing an opportunity to meet people from all over the world. This diverse community enriches your cultural experiences and expands your global network.
- Cultural Richness
Barcelona is a city with a rich cultural heritage. It’s known for its unique blend of Catalan and Spanish culture, and is home to famous artists like Antoni Gaudí. Studying in Barcelona provides an opportunity to immerse yourself in this cultural tapestry. Barcelona is in the Catalonia region, and while Spanish is widely spoken, Catalan is the official language. While all EU Business School classes are conducted in English, this linguistic diversity outside of the classroom allows students to learn and practise both Spanish and Catalan, which can be beneficial for language skills and future career prospects. In addition, Barcelona is known for its stunning architecture, including the famous Sagrada Familia, Park Güell, and Casa Batlló, all designed by the renowned architect Antoni Gaudí. Studying in Barcelona allows you to appreciate these architectural marvels up close.
- Travel Opportunities
Barcelona is well-connected to other European cities and regions. It serves as a gateway for exploring the rest of Spain and Europe, making it easy to take short trips to nearby countries and destinations. EU Business School’s inter-campus transfer policy allows students registered at the Barcelona campus to relocate to EU campuses in Munich and Geneva without loss of credits or continuity.
- Quality of Life
Spain consistently ranks high for its quality of life. Barcelona’s combination of cultural richness, outdoor activities, and a relaxed Mediterranean lifestyle contributes to an excellent quality of life for students.
Firstly, Barcelona enjoys a Mediterranean climate with mild, sunny winters and warm summers. The pleasant weather makes it an ideal place for outdoor activities and a comfortable year-round living environment. Located on the Mediterranean coast, Barcelona offers easy access to beautiful beaches. After a day of studying or sightseeing, you can relax by the Mediterranean Sea.
Secondly, Spanish cuisine is famous worldwide, and Barcelona offers a diverse array of culinary experiences. From tapas to paella to seafood, you can explore a variety of delicious dishes.
Thirdly, Barcelona has a thriving arts and entertainment scene, with numerous theatres, museums, music venues, and festivals. It’s a city that offers a wide range of cultural experiences to explore.
Choosing a Business Bachelor’s Degree
The business degree you choose depends on your interests, career goals, and specific area of business you want to pursue. EU Business School offers degree specialisations in six popular fields of study.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): This is one of the most common and versatile business degrees. It covers a broad spectrum of business topics, including management, marketing, finance, accounting, and entrepreneurship.
- Bachelor of Arts in Sports Management: For individuals passionate about sports, this degree covers sports marketing, facility management, and sports event planning.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication & Public Relations: Communication and Public Relations (PR) are closely related fields that play a vital role in helping organisations, businesses, and individuals effectively communicate with their target audiences, build positive reputations, and manage their public image. This includes digital media studies, strategic and corporate communication, and marketing and advertising PR.
- Bachelor of Arts in Leisure & Tourism: These programs provide a comprehensive understanding of travel industry operations, including travel planning, tour guiding, and travel agency management. Ecotourism, adventure tourism and cultural tourism are growing fields of specialisation.
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations: Designed for those interested in the global business environment, International Relations covers international trade, cross-cultural management, and global marketing.
- Bachelor of Arts in Digital Business, Design & Innovation: The three related topics focus on harnessing technology, creativity, and strategic thinking to drive business success and create new opportunities in the digital age. These fields are highly relevant in today’s fast-paced, tech-driven business world.
If these options all sound equally fascinating, contact one of EU Business School’s knowledgeable careers counsellors for advice on how to choose your best option at EU Barcelona.