Table of contents
The new year is upon us! You’ve eaten the last of the Christmas chocolate and pledged to lead a healthier lifestyle in 2018. But that doesn’t mean you can’t go out to eat and enjoy a hearty, flavorsome meal. Forget the limp iceberg lettuce salads and liquidized vegetables! We’ve scoured Barcelona to bring you our favorite healthy restaurants that offer delicious yet nutritious food.
Located in the heart of Gràcia, Quinoa is an unpretentious vegetarian eatery with quirky decor, an intimate atmosphere, reasonable prices and an incredibly tempting menu. As the name suggests, the menu features a variety of wholesome dishes including salads, wraps and burgers, all made using the freshest ingredients. Opt for the vegan hot dog made with tofu, smothered in barbeque sauce and served with fries. Wash it down with an ecological beer or one of their freshly made juices for a real health kick. Travessera de Gràcia 203.
Who ever said healthy food has to be boring? At this vibrant vegetarian eatery, the menu changes on a daily basis depending on what’s in season. For a very reasonable €9.90, you can enjoy two hearty, veggie-based dishes such as roasted vegetable lasagne, sweet potato stew or mushroom risotto. Head to one of their two branches in Poblenou or Eixample and treat yourself to a leisurely lunch. With stylish interiors, free wi-fi and unlimited water, you’ll feel right at home. Carrer de Roc Boronat 114 and Provença 330.
This healthy hotspot needs no introduction. Opened in 2014, Barcelona’s very first ‘flexitarian’ restaurant provides tasty meat-free cookery to satisfy vegans and meat-lovers alike. 80 percent of the diverse menu is plant-based and the remaining 20 percent using oily fish, with plenty of gluten-free options too. With its creative menu of nourishing savory dishes, guilt-free sweets and cold-pressed juices, it’s no wonder the brand now has three locations around the city. Carrer de Tallers 74, Sant Pere Més Alt 31-33 and Passeig de Gràcia 11.
The Hip Fish
Bang on trend, this hip Grácia restaurant serves up poké bowls (a delicious Japanese-Hawaiian fusion of soy-marinated raw fish, rice and vegetables) and sushi burritos. Select one of the signature dishes or build your own bowl by choosing a base (rice, quinoa or kale), protein (salmon, tuna or tofu), sauce (spicy yuzu dressing or classic soy marinade) and toppings (crunchy sesame seeds, crispy onion or sweet mango). This bright and airy space is the perfect spot to devour a flavorsome, protein-packed lunch or enjoy a light dinner with friends. Carrer de la Providencia 1 Bis.
To get your poké fix close to our Diagonal campus, visit Tiki Poké (Diagonal 535) for a fragrant bowl of raw fish and veggie goodness.
The Green Spot
With the slogan ‘veggies for veggies and veggies for non-veggies’, it’s all about creative meat-free cookery at this upscale, elegant eatery in Barceloneta. Think fresh mango mojitos, inspiring plant-based dishes such as sweet potato tagliatelle with macadamia nut sauce and truffle, and sin-free desserts like the vegan brownie or chia pudding. Designed by world-famous architect Isay Weinfiled, the stylish space has a welcoming and intimate atmosphere. Stop by on a Thursday night and enjoy some live music with your meal. Carrer de la Reina Cristina 12.
Hammock Juice Station
With colorful Honduran hammocks instead of chairs for customers to kick-back in, Hammock Juice Station is anything but your average cafe. On the extensive, health-conscious menu you’ll find everything from avocado on toast and cold-press juices to açai bowls and matcha lattes. A great place to ‘hang out’ on a Saturday afternoon. Carrer de Mallorca 308.
Almalibre Açaí Bar
As the name indicates, this recently-opened cafe offers superfood-packed açai bowls with an adventurous choice of toppings to help you start the day off right. Beyond açai bowls, the health-conscious menu spans pancakes, satisfying salads, wholesome burgers and specialty coffee. From green juices and kale salads to nachos and ham baguettes, there is something for everyone on the menu. So, whether you’re on a health-kick or simply want to try something new, Almalibre is well-worth a visit. Carrer de Girona 118.
This flexitarian café-bistro, with floor-to-ceiling windows, sleek wooden tables and a sun-drenched terrace, oozes charm from the stylish decor to the tasty fare. At Lulu, everything on the menu is organic and locally-sourced. There is a focus on refined sugar-free, plant-based food with a few fish options thrown into the mix. Grab a seat on the terrace for Sunday brunch or treat yourself to a hearty supper. You can even indulge in one of their cocktails, like the ‘Disco Sour’ or ‘Dark ‘n’ Stormy’, naturally sweetened with maple syrup or agave. Av. del Marquès de l’Argentera 7.
Check these places out and let us know which is your favorite. Also, if you discover your own healthy-eating hotspot in Barcelona, be sure to let us know!